Ahad, 21 Oktober 2012

12 di subang jaya - Google Blog Search

12 di subang jaya - Google Blog Search


<b>Di</b> Wei Chinese Cuisine Restaurant - Empire Hotel (<b>Subang Jaya</b>)

Posted: 20 Oct 2012 04:39 AM PDT


A few weeks back, I met up with my friends for lunch.  They came by my work place to fetch me and we were not sure where to head to. We didn't feel like taking a long drive and as such decided to check out Empire Shopping Mall in Subang Jaya. While walking around we noticed Di Wei Restaurant - it seemed like a pretty inviting place so decided to have our lunch there.
As usual everyone had their dish suggestions but we were eventually able to come to an agreement on the Peking duck promotion.
Before long it was time for our main order. First up was the roasted Peking duck. The medium size dark brown roasted duck was placed on a trolley for serving purposes. The waiter skillfully carved the crispy duck skin, slicing and dicing with skill to plate up equal portions for us. 



Each piece of the crispy duck skin was laid onto a thin pancake, already coated with hoisin sauce. Slices of scallion and salad leaves were added on top before the pancake was rolled.  
It was simply delicious and we managed to finish every last one of the pancake like rolls. I somehow preferred the skin by itself, dipped into the thick dark sauce compared to the rolled version.
The balance of the duck with the meat intact was taken back to the kitchen, to be prepared as another dish. While waiting, we were served with tempura fried veggies.  These were very crispy but were not a big hit at our table.
We were more interested in the fried chicken wings.
While this meant that I would essentially be shoveling more cholesterol into my system, I simply could not resist them.  The skin was so crispy that you could hear the crunch when eating them. We hungrily devoured every last chicken wing and right on cue, we were being served the balance of the duck which was served in a minced meat sort of manner on a bed of salad leaves. 
We took one piece of the salad leaf, place a scoopful of the minced duck meat on top, folded the leaf to hold the meat and ate it like one would a burrito. Nothing was wrong with this dish but considering the fact that I had already consumed a considerable amount of meat, I felt that a simple stir fried veggie would be more to my liking. 
I skipped rice as I was saving my space for the finale, the desserts. My friends had enough of food but I insisted on having desserts. We ordered two different types to be shared among us, one of it was
a small bowl of chilled, boiled white fungus with pieces of papaya. It was really a rather small portion for us and my friends signaled that I could have it.
The other was the steamed cake, layered with a touch of custard in between. It was flavorful, soft and melted in our mouth instantly. A perfect steamed cake.
I was expecting to pay around RM200+ but was pleasantly surprised when the bill came up to approximately RM150. For a filling and tasty 4 person meal in an elegant setting, I for one think that is a pretty reasonable price. Throw in the good customer service and this is a place that I would definitely consider coming back to. 


Kindly Bookmark and Share it:

Tiada ulasan:

Catat Ulasan

ads